La Jolla street cleanup starts at 9 a.m. Saturday
Organized by Esther Viti for the Nell Carpenter Beautification/Streetscape Committee, the event is another of the second Saturday gatherings where residents join in to sweep sidewalks and gutters and pull weeds. The committee supplies pickers, gloves, brooms and other tools. Just show up and sign in at the table on Girard Ave.
Refreshments are served, and Junk MD+ hauls the filled trash bags away.
The December cleanup will focus on Girard as well, but from Silverado to Pearl streets. That signup will be in the Union Bank parking lot.
- Divers pulled from water off La Jolla
- City panel OKs master plan for La Jolla’s Scripps Park
- La Jolla Christmas Parade registration opens; lifeguards set as grand marshals
- Memorial services set for Peter Niiler, world authority on ocean circulation
- Campaign launched for La Jolla holiday lights
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=6122