Kudos for polishing our Jewel: Statements of La Jolla
A thumbs up for a job well done goes out to R.A. “Skip” Mrozinski, the proprietor of Statements of La Jolla, a fine stationery and invitation store at 1032 Wall St. in the Village. His creative design and execution of an aquatic-themed, upside-down Christmas tree in his shop’s storefront window already has people talking.
Mrozinski said he drew his inspiration from showrooms up in the L.A. area and localized it for La Jolla.
“It’s created quite a stir with people walking by,” he said. “We’re near the water and I wanted to do something with fish and marine ornaments so I’ve got red branches that look like coral and beads that look like water dripping off the coral, and jellyfish, and seaweed hanging, and shells glued all over netting and fish swimming outside the tree all over the walls.”
This weekly feature gives kudos to the businesses, property owners and institutions that do their part to help make La Jolla beautiful. Send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vehicle break-ins at La Jolla Shores condo complex upset resident
- La Jolla parks and beaches group opts to become nonprofit
- UCSD Chancellor’s Medal going to longtime university supporters
- Sewer main replacement work continuing on La Jolla Boulevard
- La Jolla native calls Medal of Valor ‘crowning moment’ to lifeguard career
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=5578