Padres’ Adrian Gonzalez pays visit to Bird Rock school
Star first baseman Adrian Gonzalez of the San Diego Padres paid a visit to La Jolla’s Bird Rock Elementary School third-grade classroom of Kim Williams on Tuesday to meet Christy Jorgensen and her classmates.
Jorgensen won a Round Table Pizza contest offering a guest appearance by a Padre as a prize. Christy’s parents, Marland Jorgensen and Debbie Gawle, who teaches second grade at the school, were on hand for the visit, too. Many of the students in the class of about 20 wore Padres jerseys with names of current and past players. (See more in next week’s Light).
Gonzalez also stuck around for an all-school assembly. He answered questions and posed for photos but didn’t sign autographs because he’s recovering from an injury sustained during the season.
- La Jolla gets into Halloween
- Bird Rock fifth graders get reporting tips from La Jolla Light editor
- UCSD kicks off halloween weekend with pumpkin drop
- Stella Maris to host annual Open House
- Bishop's School welcomes new students
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=5686