Crowd turns out for annual La Jolla Veteran’s Day ceremony
More than 500 people turned out for the Mount Soledad Memorial Association Veteran’s Day ceremony in La Jolla on Saturday where a plaque was dedicated honoring U.S. Navy Seal Michael A. Monsoor, who was killed in action in September 2006 when he “smothered” a grenade to save his comrades.
Members of Monsoor’s family and a contingent of 20 SEALS were present at the event at which Lt. Cmdr. John “Jocko” Willink recalled Monsoor’s actions.
Rear Adm. Edward G. Winters, Commander Naval Special Warfare Command, was the keynote speaker.
- Speeches, ceremonies to salute Veterans Day in La Jolla
- Man found by La Jolla hikers dies at hospital
- Revised plan for La Jolla Hillel project to be aired Oct. 27
- La Jolla’s village business owners mixed on impact of art, wine fest
- La Jolla unit covers Pacific Beach vehicle fire
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=5659