Body surfers find some nice rides in La Jolla
With the sun shining, and giving athletes at area schools hot day on the fields around town, the mercury at Birch Aquarium was still holding at about 76 degrees at 5 p.m.
In downtown Los Angeles, temperatures soared, reaching 96 in the afternoon — a degree warmer than old record for the date set in 1900, according to the National Weather Service.
Thursday’s forecast is for another day of sun and highs near 78, but by Saturday look for patchy fog at the coast clearing by late morning with highs near 65.
- City panel OKs master plan for La Jolla’s Scripps Park
- La Jolla Christmas Parade registration opens; lifeguards set as grand marshals
- Kudos for polishing the Jewel: La Jolla Yoga Center
- LJ Shores underwater photo contest takes off
- Planned SIO research building worries neighbors
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=5433