Symphony & Chorus patrons ‘Face the Music and Dance’ at benefit
The La Jolla Symphony & Chorus held its third annual gala benefit on Oct. 16 at the Del Mar Marriott. The evening began with a hosted reception and silent auction followed by dinner and dancing. Joe Bauer emceed the evening, encouraging generous bidding in support of the community ensemble, which opened its season last weekend.
Since the 2010-2011 concert season is called “Face the Music: Experiences for the Ears and the Eyes,” gala organizers took the idea one step further, and themed party after the popular Irving Berlin song, “Let’s Face the Music and Dance.” The Marriott Grand Ballroom took on the look of a 1940s supper club and guests danced to the big-band sounds of Big Band Express.
- Art and Wine Festival a treat for the senses
- Autumn brings a bountiful harvest to La Jolla’s Open Aire Market
- From La Jolla With Love — MCASD gala a hit with guests
- Newcomers kick off year at Beach & Tennis Club party
- Music gala has patrons ‘Minding the Arts’
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=5141