Lawyer named to university panelRichard D. Barton, a partner with the San Diego law firm Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch LLP, was recently appointed by University of California President Mark Yudof to the President’s Advisory Council on Campus Climate, Culture, and Inclusion.
The council is comprised of 18 community representatives and campus-affiliated members from throughout California. It works together to address critical challenges in creating and sustaining welcoming and inclusive environments on each of the 10 UC campuses.
Barton is the national chairman of education for the Anti-Defamation League. In 1992, Barton began working in a volunteer capacity for the ADL in San Diego. He has lectured and is a regular speaker on the conflict in the Middle East, anti-Semitism, Holocaust, religious freedom and church-state issues.
- County now taking appointments for same-sex couples to wed
- Funeral services pending for two Cathedral Catholic grads
- Workshop details options for I-5 widening
- State controller orders cities, counties to provide salary data for website
- 3.8 quake hit south of Mexicali Sunday
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=5003