Coastwise essay contest starts
Students competing for Coastwise Capital Group’s 2010-11 Prize for Investing Excellence scholarship will be writing essays on a three different topics, depending on their grade. By entering the 1,000-word essays they have a shot at winning part of the $10,000 that will be awarded to La Jolla high school students in February.
Winneres will receive their monetary prize in the form of a 529 college fund used specifically for college expenses and will be invited to the Coastwise Prize Awards Ceremony in February.
According to a press release, sophomores, juniors and seniors attending La Jolla High School, La Jolla Country Day, The Bishop’s School, The Preuss School, or SCY High. “are encouraged to apply not only to learn about themselves and proper money management, but also for a chance to bring home funds that can be used towards their college education.”
Designated topics and entry forms can which can be found on the scholarship website, www.coastwiseprize.com.
- Council OKs settlement on claim against Promote La Jolla, new group in offing
- Best of La Jolla 2010 winners announced
- Memorial services set for Peter Niiler, world authority on ocean circulation
- Muirlands students join World Water Monitoring Day at La Jolla Shores
- Judge orders driver in café crash to stand trial
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=5031