Bird Rock student shares story of mother’s breast cancer
Zoe Trudeau, a B-8 Scholar in Ginny LaRowe’s fifth-grade class at Bird Rock Elementary in La Jolla, was researching breast cancer for an assignment because her mom, Celeste, was diagnosed one year ago with it.
Celeste Trudeau spoke with the class on Oct. 26 about her journey to becoming a survivor after chemo, radiation and surgery over the past year.
At the end of her talk, the class members made pink ribbons — one for each BRE staff member and one for each of 35 students in the class. LaRowe wrote: “We love performing Random Acts of Kindness (RAK’s) in B-8.”
The Student Council continued the pursuit of raising cancer awareness marked Oct. 18 as Pink October at BRE.
- Elementary schools kick off La Jolla’s Halloween fun
- La Jolla native calls Medal of Valor ‘crowning moment’ to lifeguard career
- Light’s new website designed ‘with La Jollans in mind’
- Fireworks groups to seek delay, compromise on new rules
- Ranger has his hands full with Children’s Pool
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=4997