La Jolla’s Birch Aquarium gets Sempra donation
The Sempra Energy Foundation has given $600,000 to UCSD as lead sponsor of Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institution of Oceanography’s “Boundless Energy” exhibit and education program. This gift is the largest ever made by the foundation to a nonprofit institution.
“Boundless Energy,” designed to complement the Aquarium’s award-winning exhibit on climate change, will present a collection of interactive outdoor exhibits and experiences showing how harnessing the power of the wind, sun and waves reduces dependence on fossil fuels and produces energy that is free of carbon dioxide and particulate emissions. The anticipated opening of the exhibit is July 2011.
- FireSight project launches using Calit2 technology
- UCSD professor appointed to state tobacco oversight committee
- Volunteers needed for Adopt-A-Beach program
- Scripps Health starts work on proton therapy center
- Workshop details options for I-5 widening
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=5025