UCSD hosts four polling placesStudents, faculty and staff at UCSD were able to cast their votes Tuesday at one of the four polling places on campus.
The San Diego County Registrar of Voters, working with the university’s Office of Student Affairs, arranged for the locations.
In addition, students led non-partisan voter registration on campus from the beginning of fall quarter until the Oct. 18 deadline. Some 2,000 students registered to vote through the drive.
The effort was spearheaded by Michael Lam, the Associated Students’ vice president of external affairs.
“It’s important for students to vote in this election because California’s elected officials play a critical role in funding public education,” Lam said. “We have been working hard so students can let their voice be heard.”
- La Jolla Elementary School students go for fun
- UCSD ranked 32nd best university in the world
- Preuss School UCSD named Blue Ribbon School
- Norman to head Supercomputer Center
- Scipps Institution scientists honored
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=5164