Autopsy shows woman found in burning La Jolla car was slain
The body of the victim, whose identity remains unconfirmed, was discovered by firefighters who extinguished the blaze in a parking lot on the La Jolla campus on Saturday night.
A postmortem examination revealed that the woman had been slain, SDPD Lt. Kevin Rooney said. The autopsy has been sealed, and authorities will not publicly disclose the cause of death, he said.
The registered owner of the gutted car has been missing since Friday, the lieutenant said. Detectives are now looking for the Carlsbad woman’s estranged husband, 50-year-old Julio Angel Garcia-Puente, an unemployed
transient known to frequent that coastal North County city and neighborhoods in San Marcos.
Police asked anyone with information on Garcia’s whereabouts to call San Diego County Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477. Tipsters may remain anonymous.
- La Jolla Hillel revisions aren’t enough for neighbors
- La Jolla native calls Medal of Valor ‘crowning moment’ to lifeguard career
- Light’s new website designed ‘with La Jollans in mind’
- Fireworks groups to seek delay, compromise on new rules
- Ranger has his hands full with Children’s Pool
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=4962