Divers pulled from water off La Jolla
City News Service
Two divers were rescued by lifeguards near the Children’s Pool in La Jolla and suffered only minor injuries, authorities said Saturday.
The divers were swimming in the dark at around 7:30 p.m. Friday at Shell Beach near the intersection of Coast Boulevard and Ocean Lane when they were trapped by a rip current, said San Diego Lifeguard Lt. John Everhart.
They called for help, and people on the beach heard them and called for lifeguards, Everhart said.
Lifeguards jumped into the water and pulled the divers to safety, he said. They examined the divers and decided they did not need to go to the hospital.
Although Everhart did not know for sure what the divers were doing, he said because they were diving at night, it was likely they were hunting for lobsters.
- City panel OKs master plan for La Jolla’s Scripps Park
- Revised plan for La Jolla Hillel project to be aired Oct. 27
- La Jolla Christmas Parade registration opens; lifeguards set as grand marshals
- Memorial services set for Peter Niiler, world authority on ocean circulation
- Campaign launched for La Jolla holiday lights
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=4941