Two La Jolla Country Day coaches honored by CIF
The CIF-San Diego Section honored two La Jolla Country Day coaches this week for their team’s performances last season. Tennis coach Joslynn Burkett was named the section’s boys tennis coach of the year, while Peter Ogle, the Torreys’ girls volleyball coach, was honored as the volleyball coach of the year.
Burkett, who played collegiately at Arizona State, had coached for the Torreys for the past few seasons but it was her first year serving as the head coach for the boys team. She also is the head coach for the girls team.
Ogle, who is in his 3oth season as the coach at LJCD, led the Torreys to the state championship last year, compiling a 39-1 record and a No. 8 national ranking at season’s end. Ogle has several seniors on this year’s team who will play at the Division I level in college next season.
“The neat thing is both are alums of La Jolla Country Day,” LJCD athletic director Jeff Hutzler said.
Burkett is a 2001 graduate, while Ogle is 1971 graduate.
- La Jolla’s week in sports: Torreys win tournament in Phoenix
- La Jolla Country Day selected for showcase
- Week in Sports: Fall seasons getting under way for La Jolla high schools
- Country Day, Bishop’s match up in La Jolla rivalry
- La Jolla preps ready for football season
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=4745