USD gets $100,000 gift
Verizon Wireless President and CEO and his wife Susan recently gave the University of San Diego’s School of Business Administration $100,000 to help keep graduates connected to the latest in cutting-edge business practices and research. Through the Lowell and Susan McAdam SBA Alumni Lifelong Learning program, alumni will have the opportunity to network and interact with distinguished USD faculty at events around the country.
While serving in the Navy, McAdam earned his MBA from USD in 1983 and said he continues to use the skills he learned.
He added that during a capstone course, a professor taught students to “hold up a problem like a diamond and look at it from different perspectives. I use this technique at Verizon Wireless where we look at a lot of problems and turn them into opportunities. I picked up more tools getting my MBA at USD than I did anywhere else along the way.”
- Riders heading for La Jolla in Million Dollar Challenge
- 50th District candidates hash out issues at forum
- Hundreds turn out for I-5 town hall forum in Solana Beach
- Sunday morning quake rattles eastern part of county
- One killed, four injured in light plane crash in Tierrasanta
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=4600