Fire in La Jolla Marriott basement quickly extinguished
A small fire in the basement of a Marriott hotel in La Jolla early Thursday was extinguished by the business’ sprinkler system, leaving firefighters to deal with mostly smoke and water damage, a fire department dispatcher said.
The noninjury fire at the San Diego Marriott La Jolla at 4240 La Jolla Village Drive was reported at 4:07 a.m., according to a San Diego fire-rescue dispatcher.
When firefighters arrived, the fire was “basically out,” he said.
The cause was under investigation.
It was unclear how many, if any, guests were affected.
- La Jolla crime report for Aug. 7-14
- La Jolla cityhood idea gets a nod from Town Council crowd
- Bird Rock block remains dark
- Dance students entertain Legion members
- Group will look at multiple options for replacing Promote La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=3981