Bank in La Jolla’s Vons robbedBy City News Service
A young man with bleached-blond hair robbed a supermarket bank branch in La Jolla on Thursday afternoon, authorities reported.
The thief, who appeared to be in his early to mid-20s, handed a demand note to a teller at the Wells Fargo transaction counter inside the Vons store on Girard Avenue about 3 p.m., according to San Diego police.
The employee turned over an undisclosed amount of money, and the bandit walked out of the store and fled the area to the west, SDPD Officer Frank Cali said.
The short-haired robber was described as being about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighing roughly 160 pounds. He was wearing blue jeans, a red shirt, a black hooded sweat shirt and large sunglasses, Cali said.
- Wet weather didn’t dampen spirits at Splash Bash
- Couple’s online food game wins White House approval
- La Jolla crime report: Oct. 2-8
- Owner details burglary at La Jolla sunglass shop
- La Jolla electronics store robbed, vandalized
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=4137