Riders heading for La Jolla in Million Dollar Challenge
The event is part of a week of activities raising funds for the Challenged Athletes Foundation. Riders are expected to start arriving at La Jolla Shores on Friday afternoon after their seven-day, 620-mile bike ride. That night will feature CAF’s “A Celebration of Abilities” dinner and awards presentation at Irwin M. Jacobs Qualcomm Hall.
Then, on Sunday, the Aspen Medical Products San Diego Triathlon Challenge activities start at 7 a.m. at La Jolla Cove. The day’s activities include a 1.2-mile swim, 56-mile bike and 13.1-mile run distance triathlon, the Tour de Cove (a four and a half hour spin-a-thon) and a 5K fitness walk that all take place simultaneously.
- Challenged Athletes Foundation events heading for La Jolla
- Hearing on marine protected areas set for Wednesday in San Diego
- Wet weather expected to stick around
- Thunderstorms expected in parts of the county Thursday, Friday
- San Diego’s summer beach quality was excellent, group reports
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=3820