Time to register for Underwater Pumpkin Carving benefit in La Jolla Shores, Oct. 30Ocean Enterprises will hold its 30th Annual Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest from 8 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Oct. 30 in La Jolla Shores — near the flagpole and playground at the south end of the beach. Registration is $20 and includes BBQ lunch. All registration proceeds will be donated to Breast Cancer Research.
The event kicks off at 8 a.m. when divers and non-divers will sign in and either head out into the surf to create their pumpkin masterpieces or carve them on land. All participants provide their own pumpkins and cleaning/carving tools (dive knives only for underwater carving). Lunch will be served at 11 a.m. as everyone finishes up their carving. Judging will take place at 11:30 a.m. Participants can take their carvings home to display for Halloween.
Participants have three options for paying for registration:
- Stop by Ocean Enterprises at 7710 Balboa Ave.
- Call (858) 565-6054.
- Fill out the online form by clicking the link 30th Annual Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest and then calling (858) 565-6054 to pay the $20 registration over the phone.
- Halloween happenings
- Author heads to D.C. to teach at arts festival for children
- La Jolla students light up the night
- LJ Shores underwater photo contest takes off
- La Jolla’s ‘Gem’ of the week: Inspiration
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=3719