Wet weather didn’t dampen spirits at Splash Bash
Despite the weather, the more than 350 who attended Splash Bash 2010 on Sunday “enjoyed a wet day be getting wetter,” said Sandy Coggan Erickson, of the Coggan Aquatic Complex Foundation. Attendance was down, but she said they raised about $25,000 — about half what they had hoped for due to a combination of the weather and the economy. Those not in the water were able stay dry under the sunshades purchased several years ago with a grant from Las Patronas. Food was provided Homegrown Meats, Extreme Pizza and Rubio’s.
- Couple’s online food game wins White House approval
- Splash Bash to raise funds for aquatic center
- La Jolla unit covers Pacific Beach vehicle fire
- Fireworks groups to seek delay, compromise on new rules
- Ranger has his hands full with Children’s Pool
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=3622