Emmylou Harris sings out for children’s medical care
Country music legend Emmylou Harris performed a “Concert for Children” at the La Jolla estate of philanthropist Joan Waitt on Oct. 6. The event raised funds for the Foundation for the Children of the Californias, specifically, to support and expand the Hospital Infantil de las Californias, the only pediatric medical facility in northwest Mexico offering low-cost surgical services to families in need. The evening included dinner, and live and silent auctions.
- Tables set for historical society’s stylish progressive dinner
- Autumn brings a bountiful harvest to La Jolla’s Open Aire Market
- From La Jolla With Love — MCASD gala a hit with guests
- Newcomers kick off year at Beach & Tennis Club party
- Music gala has patrons ‘Minding the Arts’
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=3512