La Jolla Art Association hosts fall events
News from the La Jolla Art Association includes two new exhibitions and a free class at the association’s galleries, 8100 Paseo del Ocaso in La Jolla Shores.
• “Retrospective: A Closer Look at Kris deYoung,” is on display from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily through Oct. 17 with a free, public reception from 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 16.
• There will be a reception for the photographic works of Michael Orenich, “Impressions from Morocco,” from 7 to 10 p.m. Oct. 23. The exhibit will be up through Nov. 7. The Islamic nation of Morocco has been the backdrop for artists since the 1800s, known for the unique warmth of its light, the variation of its landscape, and the diversity of its culture. Orenich’s works attempt to lure the viewer to this land from both abstract and human perspectives.
• Another free “Share Your Art Workshop” is set for 10:30 a.m. to noon on Oct. 23 when Joan Yin will teach Chinese brush painting to beginners. RSVP by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details, call (858) 459-1196.
— Light staff
- Artist donates painting to UCSD preschool center
- Artist will sell many works at benefit for seniors
- National ‘Art and the Animal’ tour opens in park
- Art reception hails new show
- Sanders calls for suspension of public arts program
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=3038