Sports Arena will soon become ‘Valley View Casino Center’
The San Diego Sports Arena will be renamed the Valley View Casino Center under an agreement approved Tuesday by the City Council.
The naming rights deal will bring the city about $157,000 over the next five years.
The San Pasqual Casino Development Group, a subsidiary of the San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians, will pay the operator of the Sports Arena, AEG Management, an undisclosed amount for the naming rights.
However, the contract with AEG Management provides that the city get 10 percent of any naming rights deal.
In 2005, the City Council approved a $2.5 million deal to rename the Sports Arena the ipayOne Center. The residential real estate listing company went out of business shortly afterward.
The Sports Arena, which opened in 1966, recently underwent a $3.5 million renovation that included the addition of a new arena club and lower-level seating.
- Man in straw hat robs Pacific Beach Wells Fargo bank
- CPUC: SDG&E overcharged customers, owes refunds
- Two pandas born at San Diego Zoo will be sent to China
- City wins $21.2M in tax revenues from online travel companies
- Council agrees to ballot measure linking tax to reforms
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=3239