Browne crowned double champ at Coastwise[caption id="attachment_3315" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Young ones take off in the Toddler Trot."][/caption] [caption id="attachment_3317" align="alignright" width="225" caption="Grace Padilla won the featured Coastwise Mile for the third year."][/caption]Chula Vista’s Daniel Browne was crowned “King of the Course” last week as he won both the mile and 5K runs at La Jolla’s Coastwise Mile on Oct. 7.
Browne edged out Sergio Gonzalez of Oceanside by one second with a time of four minutes, 16 seconds in the mile. As for the 5K, he was even farther ahead of the pack as he finished in 15:03.
For the women, top honors went to Johanna Bonfiglio in the 5K with a time of 18:01, while Grace Padilla took first in the mile with a time of 5:06.
The 5K featured more than 400 runners from around San Diego and was run through La Jolla Village.
— Phil Dailey
- Young surfers join WindanSea tradition
- Cheerleaders to hold carwash Friday
- La Jolla Tour of the Buoys winner finishes ahead in Maui Channel
- La Jolla's Clark brothers come home with water polo medals
- Shores water polo team wins national Jr. Olympics title
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=3313