Wet weather makes for rough morning commuteBy City News Service
Wet weather and hazardous driving conditions wreaked havoc on the morning commute in San Diego on Wednesday.
Flooding affected Midway Drive in Point Loma, the ramp from Interstate 8 to State Route 163 and the Las Pulgas Road onramp to Interstate 15, among other places, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Several non-injury car crashes made for a busy morning for clean-up crews. The offramp to Plaza Boulevard from Interstate 805 was blocked for an hour this morning after a car struck a light pole, causing the pole to fall and block the ramp. On northbound I-15 a big rig jack-knifed, ending up in the center divide.
In a potentially more serious crash, an overturned truck blocked the right lane on northbound State Route 67. Emergency crews were responding to reports of a trapped person, according to the CHP.
- Survey: Half of major San Diego roadways in poor condition
- Registration open for Surf Dog Surf A Thon
- Four San Diego trolleys sold to Argentinian province
- Kings say state agency could have prevented Chelsea's death
- State assembly to take final vote on Chelsea's Law
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=2764