Newcomers kick off year at Beach & Tennis Club party
The La Jolla Newcomers Club gathered at the Beach & Tennis Club in La Jolla Shores on Sept. 19 for a reception to welcome new President Melinda Underkofler. Some 125 members sampled appetizers and beverages while greeting old friends and meeting new ones. A buffet of sliders, potato salad, coleslaw and desserts was provided by the staff. Interest Group chairs described the club’s many activities to new members. Prizes were awarded to veteran club members who identified new members through a pop quiz. “The Newcomers Club has a fun-filled year planned, and we encourage those interested to join by calling (858) 496-8655 or checking out our website at lajollanewcomers.org,” Julie Smith said.
- A Starry, Starry Night lights up La Jolla Shores
- San Diego’s summer beach quality was excellent, group reports
- Colbie Caillat rocks out for juvenile diabetes cure
- Autumn chill in the air at last Sunsetter of the summer
- Residents host fundraiser to renovate La Jolla fire station
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=2364