Oceanside-San Clemente rail line work will have weekend passengers on buses
By City News Service
Train service between San Diego and Los Angeles will be shut down this weekend while work is completed on a section of track in Camp Pendleton.
Work on the segment of the LOSSAN coastal rail line is expected to begin at 10:30 p.m. and be completed by Monday at 4 a.m., according to the San Diego Association of Governments and North County Transit District.
The project is intended to improve reliability and safety on the corridor.
Freight traffic will be suspended during the weekend and passengers on Amtrak and Metrolink trains will be put on buses to be routed around the closed section of track, transit officials said.
The NCTD’s Coaster train will run on its normal schedule.
The track closure will impact about 50 trains this weekend, according to SANDAG and NCTD.
- Registrar seeks election poll workers
- Longtime owner has been around horses since he was 10
- Hundreds turn out for I-5 town hall forum in Solana Beach
- Sunday morning quake rattles eastern part of county
- One killed, four injured in light plane crash in Tierrasanta
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1808