OPINION: Just wondering …
The Ocean Fresh Market and Cafe picture in last week’s paper reminded me of a conversation I had over 60 years ago with an elderly relative whose branch of the family’s La Jolla heritage went back to the 1800s. He said that no business enterprise would ever succeed on that property because it was an Indian burial ground.
Time has certainly shown that his observation was spot on because no venture has even had a modicum of lasting success on that location. The sensible thing, of course, would be to explain such a dismal track record on the usual reasons for business failures, primarily management ineptness and/or lack of adequate operating capital.
One wonders though …
- OPINION: Credit for great photo
- La Jollans gather to celebrate 75th anniversary of Post Office
- Historical Society goes public with fundraising effort
- OPINION: La Jolla resident says 30-foot building limit under attack
- OPINION: Lack of information is frustrating
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=2651