Scouts clean San Elijo Beach
Each year after Labor Day, Boy Scout Troop 506 organizes its Family Surf Camp in Cardiff. This year, Sept. 10-12, some 60 troop family members enjoyed the weekend “hanging ten,” making campfires, and all the other wonderful things San Elijo Beach has to offer. The highlight came when the boys executed their annual beach cleanup. Using the power of teamwork, they scoured a 500-meter strip north and south of the beach in one hour, and collected a dozen bags of non-recyclable items, plastic, glass and cans.
It was a great sight to see the boys comb the beach while having fun seeking the most unusual, the biggest, or the heaviest item out there. The event was sponsored by Roberto’s Mexican Food, Pizza Port, VG Donuts and Mitch’s Surf Shop. Troop 506 meets at 6:30 p.m. Mondays at La Jolla United Methodist Church, 6063 La Jolla Blvd.
— M. Stojic
- Children's School's new campus grand opening is Sept. 10
- La Jolla gardener donates service to elementary school
- Hearst Foundation gives $75K for palliative care nursing education
- La Jolla kindergartners, parents getting head start on making friends
- SDSU reacts to governor's proposal to restore funding to Cal States
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1751