Injured people on board for Life Rolls On event
The Life Rolls On Foundation, founded by La Jollan Josh Billauer and his brother Jesse Billauer, who was 17 when he fractured his neck and severed his spinal cord wile surfing, hosted its annual They Will Surf Again event recently at La Jolla Shores. It is an adaptive surfing program for people with spinal cord injuries.
The nonprofit’s website says it is also a “life-changing volunteer experience for all. It’s not all about the surfing, it’s about proving that anything is possible. Recently, LRO has added a They Will Ski Again and They Will Skate Again program.” For information, go to www.liferollson.org.
- Tailgaters' make waves in community
- Norman to head Supercomputer Center
- Hearst Foundation gives $75K for palliative care nursing education
- Scipps Institution scientists honored
- Sea Grants awarded to four local researchers
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1713