Workshops on aging slated
According to Teresa Shanahan, Ph.D., there are many warning signs of Alzheimer’s disease, not just being forgetful. Shanahan will share her knowledge to kick off a series of eight, free weekly healthcare presentations, known as “Aging Gracefully” workshops, on Thursdays at La Jolla Presbyterian Church, starting 7 to 8 p.m. Sept. 30 and ending Nov. 18. Other workshop topics will include “Caregiver Emotions & Coping,” “Brain Health,” “Trusts, Wills, & Estates,” “Eldercare Options & Solutions,” “Fall Injury Prevention” and “Dying with Dignity.”
To register for one or more workshops, contact Wally Hofmann at (858) 729-5514 or e-mail WallyH@ljpres.org.
La Jolla Presbyterian Church is at 7715 Draper Ave. The workshops will be held in Life Center Room No. 6 on the second floor. There is free underground parking off Kline.
- Coastkeeper forum looks at risk of oil spill in San Diego
- New anti-gravity treadmill being tested at Scripps
- Whooping cough cases on rise
- Whooping cough cases more than double since 2009
- Air quality rules changes could affect SD's compliance
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=2212