Unemployment rate in county was 10.6 percent in August
By City News Service
The unemployment rate in San Diego County dropped to 10.6 percent in August, down from a revised 10.9 percent the previous month, the California Economic Development Department reported Thursday.
The county’s unemployment rate in August of last year was 10.3 percent, according to the EDD.
However, between July and August, the San Diego region shed 2,200 jobs, most in the government sector, according to the EDD.
California’s unemployment rate increased to 12.4 percent last month, compared to 12.3 percent in July, according to the EDD.
The number of jobs in the state decreased by 33,500 during the month, with government also posting the largest decline, according to the EDD.
- Report: Nearly 1/3 of SD residents make less than cost of living
- COO: If tax measure fails, city faces $23 million in cuts
- Council agrees to ballot measure linking tax to reforms
- District declines to make personnel cuts; budget balance threatened
- Meetings set on I-5 widening proposal
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1657