Kudos for polishing the Jewel: The Athenaeum
In addition to housing an amazing collection of art and music books and tapes, and bringing lectures, concerts and exhibits to La Jolla, the Athenaeum has preserved and enhanced one of La Jolla’s jewels. The library building was designed by William Templeton Johnson, architect of many of San Diego’s most important civic structures, including Balboa Park’s San Diego Museum of Art and Museum of Natural History. The gracious Spanish Renaissance-style building received an expansion and renovation that was completed in 2007. Every facet of this jewel was polished, down to the lovely turquoise and red paint detail on the windows. Kudos to Erika Torri for adding to the beauty of one of La Jolla’s great treasures.
This weekly column gives kudos to the businesses, property owners and institutions that do their part to help make La Jolla beautiful. Send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kudos to: David M. Guss for polishing the Jewel
- Kudos for polishing the Jewel: San Diego Optical Co.
- Kudos for polishing the Jewel: La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club
- Dance students entertain Legion members
- Group will look at multiple options for replacing Promote La Jolla
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1605