Woman throws coffee in would-be robber’s face
By City News Service
A young man’s plan to rob a woman at knifepoint near UCSD Medical Center on Tuesday morning was thwarted when the victim threw her coffee in his face, according to San Diego police.
The woman was exiting her vehicle in the vicinity of Bachman Place and Arbor Drive around 5:50 a.m. when the would-be robber approached, police said.
As he ran at her with a knife raised above his head, she threw her coffee in his face while being knocked to the ground, police said.
Then, a witness drove by in another vehicle and the woman got into the witness’ vehicle, police said, adding that the man chased the vehicle on foot about 200 yards before fleeing, police said.
Police described the suspect as black, 23-25 years old, last seen wearing a dark sweatsuit.
- La Jolla electronics store robbed, vandalized
- La Jolla crime report for Aug. 21-28
- County's vehicle theft rate decreased in 2009
- PHOTOS: Robber hits Chase Bank on La Jolla Village Drive
- La Jolla crime report for Aug. 7-14
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1527