Training exercise at Camp Pendleton sparks fireBy City News Service
Military training sparked a fire that burned about 10 acres in a brushy gorge on the grounds of Camp Pendleton on Tuesday, a base spokesman said.
The non-injury blaze erupted about 12:45 p.m. in Aliso Canyon, near the center of the Oceanside-area Marine Corps base, USMC Lt. Justin Smith said.
It took base firefighters roughly 45 minutes to extinguish the flames, which posed no threats to structures or equipment, according to Smith.
- Report: Increased firefighting staffing could save state money
- Road leading to airport to close for construction
- Second passenger in light plane crash dies
- Agents interrupt smuggling operations off La Jolla, Point Loma
- Police investigating drive-by shooting in northern Clairemont
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1602