Residents host fundraiser to renovate La Jolla fire station
La Jolla’s Fire Station 9 will benefit from a party held Saturday at the home of Sally and Greg Ricchiuti. They are leading a campaign to raise $400,000 to $500,000 to revitalize the ’60s era facility as a way to thank the firefighters and pay tribute to a friend, Brent Woodall, who died in the World Trade Center on 9/11.
Firefighters joined the festivities as waiters and honored guests, and a firetruck was parked in front of the Ricchiuti’s home while nearly 140 guests enjoyed the event.
Sally Ricchiuti said about $27,000 was raised, bringing the total to date to about $100,000. In addition to monetary contributions, others like Marengo Morton Architects and landscape architect Trace Wilson and contractor Pancho Dewhurst have offered in-kind services.
To donate go to www.kindtonine.org. Checks should be made out to SD Fire & Rescue with a note: Earmarked for Station 9.
- Volunteers pitch in to clean up Fire Station 9 in La Jolla
- UCSD professor sees mural as statement on La Jolla's vitality
- Bill Walton, La Jolla basketball players pitch in for Challenged Athletes headquarters
- La Jollan's Catalina Channel crossing bid halted
- Neurosciences Institute researcher gets grant to look at decision-making
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1577