La Jollans gather to celebrate 75th anniversary of Post Office
Local dignitaries and residents turned out Saturday to mark the 75th anniversary of La Jolla’s post office on Wall Street. The event included dedication of a commemorative plaque, proclamations and speeches by Councilwoman Sherri Lighter, Historical Society President Connie Mullin Branscomb and Postmaster Jeff Olsen.
The Historical Society continues the anniversary celebration tonight with a presentation on Belle Goldschlager Baranceanu mural in the building that was completed as part of the nation’s Public Works of Arts projects in the 1930s. t begins at 7 p.m. at Wisteria Cottage.
— Light Staff
- Historical Society goes public with fundraising effort
- ‘Postmark La Jolla’ lecture series begins
- Collision accents safety issues on Torrey Pines Road
- Lightner's list waylaid by tax measure
- Bird Rock block remains dark
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1517