La Jolla Interact Club collects 600 pounds of food for SD Food Bank[caption id="attachment_1573" align="alignright" width="300" caption="Blair Brice, Roger Li and Kartini Dinh worked at the food drive."][/caption] La Jolla High School’s Interact Club members set up collection stations for a food drive at the entrance to the newly remodeled Albertsons grocery store on Turquoise Street.
Over the two-day event, the club members collected more than 600 pounds of food, which they delivered to one of the San Diego Food Bank’s collection centers. The drive was organized and coordinated by LJHS parent Wendy Roos.
— Light Staff
- Students, locals create labyrinth on the beach
- Cheerleaders to hold carwash Friday
- Nearly 4,000 students return to school in La Jolla
- La Jolla's back-to-school dates to note
- Kudos for polishing the Jewel: La Jolla Elementary's Bloom
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1571