Cheerleaders to hold carwash Friday
If La Jolla’s coastal dampness has messed up your car, take time to head down to La Jolla Methodist Church on Sept. 18 to get it washed by the La Jolla High cheerleaders. The church is at 6063 La Jolla Blvd.
The majority of the 14 varsity squad members and 11 JV cheerleaders will have their sponges and chamois out from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. They’re raising funds to pay for warm – ups and bags. In all, they’ve set a fundraising goal of $4,000 this year so they can also pay for camps, competitions, choreographers and visiting coaches to help them learn new skills, first-year coach Ashley Monzon said.
“Uniforms alone cost anywhere from $250 to $400 – and that’s just for what they wear to cheer during the games,” she added.
Tickets are $5 if bought ahead of time from a team member and $8 a car at the carwash. Monzon said they will only accept cash.
An anonymous donor will match the proceeds from the fundraiser.
— Light Staff
- September has many opportunities for La Jollans to swim for a cause
- Nearly 4,000 students return to school in La Jolla
- La Jolla's back-to-school dates to note
- Girls get a kick out of Bishop's trio's soccer camp
- Bill Walton, La Jolla basketball players pitch in for Challenged Athletes headquarters
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1514