La Jolla Elementary continues tradition started on 9/11
Nine years ago, after the World Trade Center towers fell, La Jolla Elementary Principal Donna Tripi started a weekly patriotic assembly.
Every Friday, the entire school meets on the upper field playground to recite the Pledge of Allegiance and sing patriotic songs. A different class leads the assembly each week. Parents are encouraged to attend.
On Friday (Sept. 10), the first assembly of the 2010-2011 year was led by Johanna Weber’s class. The fifth graders led some 620 students in “God Bless America.” Few kindergartners knew the words, but they will by the end of the year.
— Light Staff
- Kudos for polishing the Jewel: La Jolla Elementary's Bloom
- Planning group rejects Bishop's School request for variance on library height
- Surfboard Science: UCSD students develop data on the speed of surfing
- Girls get a kick out of Bishop's trio's soccer camp
- UCSD makes three 'best colleges' lists
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1383