88 drivers jailed on suspicion of DUI over holiday weekend
By City News Service
The California Highway Patrol jailed 88 motorists on suspicion of driving while intoxicated in the San Diego area over the Labor Day weekend, the agency reported Tuesday.
CHP officers made the arrests – two fewer than last year – over a 78-hour span beginning Friday evening and ending late Monday night.
There were no local traffic deaths during the period.
Statewide, 21 people died over the three-day weekend in crashes on roads patrolled by the CHP, and 1,521 motorists were booked on DUI charges.
During the comparable period last year, the agency responded to 12 vehicular fatalities and arrested 1,417 people for allegedly driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- A closer look at officials' salaries
- SDG&E reminds customers to call 811 before digging
- Volunteers needed for Adopt-A-Beach program
- Scripps Health starts work on proton therapy center
- Texas native, former jockey named 2010 Miss Cougar Del Mar
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1293