Man suffering from seizure airlifted from Black's Beach
By City News Service
A man who suffered a five-minute-long seizure and may have been carrying drugs was lifted by helicopter from Black’s Beach in La Jolla on Sunday, according to the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.
Paramedics said the man was unconcious when they arrived just after 2:10 p.m., but that he became “combative” when they tried to put him in the helicopter.
The man was restrained and loaded onto the helicopter by 2:20 p.m. He was transported to a hospital.
Scanner reports said the man had a bottle of clear liquid that might contain drugs or alcohol with him.
- Volunteers needed for Adopt-A-Beach program
- Scripps Health starts work on proton therapy center
- Kudos to: St. James Gift Shop for polishing the Jewel
- La Jolla lifeguard tower projects moving toward contracts
- Decision looms on BigBelly purchase
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1289