Torrey Pines Corridor meeting set for Sept. 3
A meeting for people looking for improvements along Torrey Pines Road is being held Friday, Sept. 3 at 6 p.m. on the corner of Torrey Pines Road and Amalfi Street.
Andy Hamilton, president of Walk San Diego, an organization that helps create safe and walkable communities, will give a brief walking tour of Torrey Pines Road followed by a presentation that will highlight how the thoroughfare can be made safer for the community.
“It is important to create awareness of these dangerous living conditions so that the community and council member Sherri Lightner make safety the first priority for the TPR project,” said Sherry Nooravi, a corridor neighbor. “Creating a safe passageway for pedestrians, bicyclists and La Jolla visitors is the ethical thing to do.”
The walking tour will take about 20 to 30 minutes and then all are invited to view a presentation at a nearby residence.
RSVP to email@example.com.
— Light Staff
- La Jolla traffic lights fixed — after city crew gets out of traffic mess
- Small fire breaks out in Juice Kaboose
- Volleyball coach accused of sexual assault pleads not guilty
- Agents interrupt smuggling operations off La Jolla, Point Loma
- UCSD's Vinetz to head malaria study
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1162