Chargers trim roster
The team waived running back Marcus Mason, wide receiver Gary Banks, guard Lee Grimes and linebacker Darry Beckwith. In addition, linebacker Donald Butler, a third-round draft choice in April from the University of Washington, was placed on the “Reserve-Injured” list due to an Achilles injury.
The Chargers also signed punter Glenn Pakulak, who played in 10 games with the New Orleans Saints and Washington Redskins during the 2008 and ’09 seasons. Pakulak punted in two games for Washington in 2009.
Pakulak, who has averaged 44.4 yards per punt during his brief NFL career, earned the Mosi Tatupu Award given to the nation’s best special teams player as a senior at the University of Kentucky. He averaged 45.6 yards per punt and ranked third in the nation during the 2002 season
- Merriman signs one-year deal, reports to Chargers training camp
- Chargers claim linebacker from Arizona
- Chargers sign Quinton Teal at strong safety
- Chargers lose rookie linebacker to Achilles injury
- Schlicher wins La Jolla Tour of Bouys; Tanner victory voided
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=440