Norman to head Supercomputer Center
Michael L. Norman has been named director of the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC) at UCSD.
A distinguished professor of physics at UCSD and a globally recognized computational astrophysicist, he had been SDSC’s interim director since July 2009 and chief scientific officer of the supercomputer center since June 2008.
Norman, a pioneer in using advanced computational methods to explore the universe and its beginnings, was named a senior fellow of SDSC in 2000. He also directs the Laboratory for Computational Astrophysics, a collaboration between UCSD and the Supercomputer Center resulting in the widely used ENZO community code for astrophysics and cosmology simulations on parallel computers.
- Surfboard Science: UCSD students develop data on the speed of surfing
- Scipps Institution scientists honored
- Hearst Foundation gives $75K for palliative care nursing education
- UCSD professor appointed to state tobacco oversight committee
- UCSD makes three 'best colleges' lists
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1120