UCSD honored for community service
UCSD was honored by Washington Monthly for its cutting-edge research that drives economic growth, provides upward mobility to people from low-income communities, and molds the characters of tomorrow’s leaders.
The university was recognized as the top university by the magazine based on three criteria: social mobility, research and service, which includes how many students participate in the Peace Corps. UCSD and the Peace Corps, both turning 50 this year, have partnered to bring 630 UCSD alumni as overseas volunteers. Currently, 46 alumni serve in the Peace Corps.
SOURCE: Press Release
- Surfboard Science: UCSD students develop data on the speed of surfing
- Scipps Institution scientists honored
- UCSD among 'coolest' green schools
- UCSD makes three 'best colleges' lists
- Hillel submits plan for smaller La Jolla center near UCSD
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1086