Hearst Foundation gives $75K for palliative care nursing education
By City News Service
San Diego Hospice and The Institute for Palliative Medicine received a $75,000 grant from the Hearst Foundation to enhance local palliative care nursing education programs, it was announced Thursday.
Azusa Pacific University, Cal State San Marcos, National University and Southwestern College will collaborate with The Institute for Palliative Medicine on the program.
The San Diego hospice is one of the nation’s largest nonprofit hospices, offering medical care to more than 1,000 seriously ill adults and children daily across the county. It also offers education programs to doctors and nurses on palliative care.
- Surfboard Science: UCSD students develop data on the speed of surfing
- Scipps Institution scientists honored
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography team's project assisting with Gulf monitoring
- La Jolla native joins Teach For America
- UCSD's Vinetz to head malaria study
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1066