WindanSea Surf Club hosts Father Joe's Kids at La Jolla Shores
The Windansea Surf Club held its annual Day at the Beach for children from the St. Vincent De Paul center last Saturday at La Jolla Shores.
Over 60 participants of all ages were treated to a fun-filled day of beach activities including surfing instruction and sand-castle building, lunch, goodie bags and trophies for all. This is the 24th year the club has hosted the event for children and their families from the downtown shelter. About 120 volunteers – including 42 club members and 15 family members along with others – pitched in.
For information on upcoming events, including the annual Menehune Surf Contest on Oct. 2, go to www.windansea.org.
- La Jolla's Clark brothers come home with water polo medals
- Shores water polo team wins national Jr. Olympics title
- La Jolla Broncos get All-Star treatment
- Schlicher wins La Jolla Tour of Bouys; Tanner victory voided
- Chargers claim linebacker from Arizona
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=420