4.2 quake hits near epicenter of Easter Sunday trembler
By City News Service
A magnitude-4.2 earthquake was measured Tuesday near the epicenter of the Easter Sunday temblor that rocked San Diego County, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The latest quake struck struck at 2:44 p.m., 17 miles west-northwest of Guadalupe Victoria, Mexico.
That’s the same general area near Mexicali of a magnitude-7.2 quake on April 4, which has resulted in thousands of aftershocks in the months since.
However, the number of aftershocks over magnitude-3.0 in the region has dropped dramatically in the past few weeks, according to USGS data.
- Sunday morning quake rattles eastern part of county
- 3.8 quake hit south of Mexicali Sunday
- Local gay rights actvitists applaud Prop. 8 ruling
- Changes to county labor rules will be on ballot
- SDSU reacts to governor's proposal to restore funding to Cal States
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=1015