UCSD among 'coolest' green schools
UCSD has been named to two more “tops” lists:
- Sierra magazine, a publication of the Sierra Club, listed the campus among the nation’s top 20 “coolest” schools for its efforts to stop global warming and operate sustainably. From the university’s new Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) gold and silver certified buildings to sustainable engineering classes, the magazine highlights how UCSD is making a true difference for the planet in the fourth annual listing of America’s greenest universities and colleges.
Sierra magazine is a publication of the Sierra Club, the nation’s oldest and largest grass-roots environmental group.
- UCSD also was ranked 35th among national universities for a second consecutive year by U.S. News and World Report, tied with the Georgia Institute of Technology.
Topping the list was Harvard, Princeton and Yale.
The rankings appear in U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Colleges 2011″ issue.
SOURCE: Press Release
- La Jolla's back-to-school dates to note
- UCSD makes three 'best colleges' lists
- Hillel submits plan for smaller La Jolla center near UCSD
- Elementary school sign-ups are on Aug. 31 and Sept. 1
- Girls get a kick out of Bishop's trio's soccer camp
Short URL: http://www.lajollalight.com/?p=972